BCA News Room
Request for Proposal
About Brevard Cultural Alliance; Brevard Cultural Alliance was founded in 1975 and is designated as Brevard County's local arts agency by the Board of County Commissioners. BCA’s strategic priorities are engagement through education, contributing to cultural destination, and working toward the sustainability of the arts and cultural sector. Brevard Cultural Alliance is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) agency, sponsored in part by the State of Florida, Department of State, Division of Cultural Affairs; the Florida Council on Arts and Culture; the National Endowment for the Arts; the Space Coast Office of Tourism; as well as corporate sponsors, individual members and contributors. Learn more at www.artsbrevard.org.
The Mission Statement of Brevard Cultural Alliance is;
to build and sustain a vibrant and dynamic arts and cultural sector integral to Brevard County's quality of life.
NATURE OF SERVICES
BCA is requesting proposals from professional firms or individuals to undertake the duties of bookkeeping. The successful candidate will provide meaningful, well-organized financial records with accuracy and efficiency and will also offer financial advice and strategies.
BCA operates on an accrual basis using Peachtree Accounting software. Financial reporting would be required monthly and this would be in conjunction with BCA’s Finance Committee. In addition, the bookkeeper will facilitate the annual Tax and Audit processes. The fiscal year runs from October 1 - September 30.
The bookkeeper reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the BCA Finance Committee, the tax firm (currently McGladrey LLP) and the auditing firm (currently Whittaker Cooper Financial Group).
PRIMARY SERVICE REQUIREMENTS / SCOPE OF WORK
• Bank Reconciliation
• Maintain financial files
• General Ledger maintenance, including journal entries
• Accounts Payable duties, including vendor setup, invoice entry and check preparation
• Payroll processing (bi-weekly), including tax deposits and quarterly and annual reporting
• Accounts Receivable duties, including billing customers and following up on past due invoices at the direction of the Executive Director
• Preparation and analysis of cash flow forecasts on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
• Financial reporting, including calculation of pre-defined performance measures, preparation of accrual-basis financial statements (utilizing the accounting system). The preparation of financial statements will be dictated by the schedule of monthly Finance Committee meetings, which are typically on the second Thursday of each month. All statements are to be complete 3-5 business days before each meeting for review by our Executive Director and Treasurer.
• Financial analysis and strategy development for meeting, pre-defined performance measures and participation in developing new performance measures, as required.
INFORMATIONAL REQUIREMENTS WHEN RESPONDING TO THIS RFP
Submissions must include:
• Size of firm, location of office, whom on staff would be performing/supervising the work and qualifications of said persons whom may be assigned this work - CPA or other designation is preferred.
• Firm vision, culture, mission
• 3 Client references, including contact information and scope of work performed
• Examples of experience with Peachtree Accounting system
• Identify the approach you will take to aid us in achieving our objectives
• A total all-inclusive monthly fee
SUBMITTING YOUR PROPOSAL
For proposals to be considered, an electronic copy of the proposal OR two (2) paper copies must be received by Neil Levine, Executive Director at 2725 Judge Fran Jamieson Way C-307, Viera, FL 32940, by 4 pm on Wednesday 6th February, 2013. Electronic copies may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org BCA reserves the right to reject any or all proposals submitted. BCA reserves the right, where it may serve BCA‘s best interest, to request additional information or clarifications from proposers, or to allow corrections of errors or omissions. Interviews and presentation by the top 3 ranked respondents are anticipated to occur on February 14th, 2013.
The selection of the firm will be made by BCA’s Finance Committee and Executive Director, to be approved by the Board of Directors. It is anticipated the selection of a firm will be completed by the Finance Committee, for approval by the Executive Committee on February 21, 2013 and ratified by the Board in March 2013. Once contracted, orientation meetings will take place with the Executive Director, Board Treasurer/Finance Committee Chair and the auditing firm when convenient for all parties.
We thank you in advance for attention to our request and the submission of your proposal.
TERMS OF ENGAGEMENT
Subject to satisfactory negotiations of terms and approval of legal counsel and the Board of Directors, the initial contract will be for a term of 1 year, with two one-year renewal periods based upon the agreement of both parties.
Brevard Cultural Alliance (BCA) invites applications for part-time BCA Education & Community Arts Assistant, to begin January 2, 2013.
Brevard Cultural Alliance (BCA) invites applications for a part-time BCA Education & Community Arts Assistant. The Education & Community Arts Assistant provides support to the BCA Education Manager, focusing on Brevard Public Schools (BPS) Arts Explorers Programs. The Education & Community Arts Assistant works under the direct supervision of and reports directly to the BCA Education Manager. Background check and fingerprinting will be administered.
· General clerical duties related to the program (e.g. checking emails, making phone calls, processing timesheets, etc)
· Assist with program supervision, including site visits as required.
· Participate in general planning with manager.
· Updating / posting website content and social media pages/articles related to BCA Arts & Education initiatives.
· Produce minutes for a variety of meetings.
· Work as interim manager in the absence of BCA Education Manager.
· An associate’s degree or higher in a related field.
· Ability to maintain positive working relationships with instructors, site staff and students.
· Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills, the ability to prioritize tasks, and good time management skills.
· Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook and Excel applications, as well as internet navigation and research.
· Detail-oriented and able to carry specific workloads with minimal supervision.
· Previous experience with arts education programs as an administrator or instructor is highly desirable.
· $16 per hour, plus mileage of .55 cents per mile
· Three or four days a week, 3-5 hours per day, depending on current needs.
· School holidays will be observed.
· Number of weeks: 20-26 between December 17, 2012 and August 17, 2013
Submit cover letter and resume by December 14th to: (may be submitted electronically)
Pablo Remonsellez, Education & Community Arts Manager, Brevard Cultural Alliance, 2725 Judge Fran Jamieson Way C-307, Viera FL 32940; 321-690-6817; email@example.com; www.ArtsBrevard.org
Call for Submissions: 2012 – 2013 Brevard Exterior Sculpture Program
All Brevard County/Florida sculptors are invited to participate in the 2012-2013 Brevard Cultural Alliance exterior sculpture program. The exhibit sites offer established and emerging artists the opportunity to display their sculptures throughout Brevard County. Each exhibit is displayed for six months offering an honorarium to the artist to offset the cost of transportation and installation.
1st Deadline for submission: November 28, 2012
This will be an ongoing “Call for Sculptures” as demand for the program increases.
The Art in Public Places Advisory Committee (APPAC) and the participating businesses will review artists’ submissions and select sculptures to be displayed.
Submissions will be evaluated on content, artistic and technical merit, materials used, and exterior weather condition sustainability.
Honorarium Paid to Sculptors:
Each selected sculptor will be paid a $500 honorarium for a six month exhibit contract. The honorarium will be paid to the sculptor upon the completion of installation. The sculpture may be offered for sale. Any sculpture sold must remain on the site for the entire six month contract. No commission charged to artist for sale of artwork, though donations are gratefully accepted.
For additional information, contact Lynn Brezina at firstname.lastname@example.org or 321-690-6817
BCA E-News Archives
|Nov 11, 2011||BCA Names Neil Levine Executive Director|
|Nov 07, 2011||ArtWorks Nov 2011|
|Oct 28, 2011||Boo at the Zoo Final Weekend|
|Oct 13, 2011||Art of Sand 2011-6 Entertainment|
|Oct 07, 2011||King Center Henson|
|Oct 03, 2011||Fall for the Arts 2011|
|Oct 02, 2011||Art of Sand 2011-5 Exciting News|
|Sep 21, 2011||Art of Sand Enews 2011-4 Sneak Peek|
|Sep 08, 2011||Art of Sand Enews 2011-3|
|Aug 30, 2011||Art of Sand Enews 2011-2|
|Aug 22, 2011||Art of Sand 2011-1|
|Jul 07, 2011||Bon Voyage, Atlantis|
|Jun 17, 2011||Art of Sand 2011 Press Release|
|May 24, 2011||Memorial Day Happenings 2011|
|Dec 29, 2010||Services Tomorrow for Robin Rothrock|
|Dec 21, 2010||BCA Holiday Greetings|
|Nov 17, 2010||Happy Thanksgiving & Announcements|
|Oct 18, 2010||Invitation to BCA Annual Meeting|
|Oct 1, 2010||Fall for the Arts/Participating Groups|
|Sep 21, 2010||Fall for the Arts Invitation to the Public|
|Aug 24, 2010||Fall for the Arts, Advocacy, ED Job Posting|
|Aug 3, 2010||Art of Sand Survey|
|Aug 2, 2010
|Jul 1, 2010
||BCA Village Open House Preview|
|Apr 30, 2010||Art of Sand Amateurs Unite!|
|Apr 29, 2010||Art of Sand Time’s Running Out|
|Apr 26, 2010
||Art of Sand Final Week|
|Apr 22, 2010||Art of Sand Student Challenge|
|Apr 15, 2010||Art of Sand Space Coast Open|
|Apr 13, 2010
||Art of Sand Canadian Day|
|Apr 8, 2010||Art of Sand – It’s Here!|
|Mar 26, 2010
||Art of Sand – It’s Coming!|
|Mar 22, 2010
||Art of Sand Tickets Available Online|
|Mar 15, 2010
||Art of Sand Corporate Challenge|
|Mar 4, 2010||Art of Sand Hotels and Businesses|
|Feb 14, 2010||Art of Sand|
|Dec 23, 2009||BCA End of Year Message|
|Oct 29, 2009
||A FABulous Affair Update|
|Oct 20, 2009
|Sep 28, 2009||EGAD Realtor Informational Meeting|
|Aug 25, 2009
|Jun 11, 2009||Eau Gallie Arts District Manager Wanted|
|Jun 1, 2009
|Mar 10, 2009||BCA Enews|